Monday 24 December 2012

A very merry Christmas...and a little Christmas giving nudge

It is Christmas tomorrow and I just wanted to wish all of the readers of this blog (and anyone else who happens to stumble on it) a very merry Christmas.  Regardless of what you are doing or whether you are having fun in the snow or standing around in shorts (I'm in Australia remember), I hope you have a happy safe and enjoyable Christmas.

I thought I would also do one last plug for Christmas giving.  Christmas is a really hard time for many people who are less fortunate and I just thought that I would give a last minute reminder for anyone who has not given this year yet that (assuming you haven't maxed out your credit card on gifts and merriment) that it is a great feeling to give something to someone you don't know for absolutely nothing in return (not even a hug).

There are so many charities that do an amazing job at this time of the year but if you can't be bothered brain-storming or looking for last minute ideas here are a few:

  • The Salvation Army
  • Many stores do gifts for those less fortunate (in Australia you can pop down to K-Mart and their wishing tree)
  • St Vincent De Paul Society
Those are a few that I have donated to in the past and who I know (from past experience) do a great job.  If  none of those take your fancy then just Google 'Christmas Appeal'.  It came up with hundreds of charities I had never heard of who may appeal to you.

You May Also Be Interested In

1 comment:

  1. Same to you 90 Million blogger, all the best for today & 2013. Excellent message here!!

    ReplyDelete